Wednesday, August 13, 2008

There's been an incident

Actually a skirmish of sorts and an excellent example of why TNR is going to be of great benefit once we get all the characters taken care of.

Across the street lives a beautiful calico cat, I don't know her name. It's where Chills and Spook mainly hang out.

So I'm having a peaceful evening last night, not thinking about cats at all, when suddenly I hear that horrible, but all too familiar sound of shrieking and yowling.

Looking out into the street I saw Chills and the Calico having a stand off in the middle of the street. Now I'm not a great writer of dialog, but here's my translation of the feline yowling.

Chills: C'mon, baby, you know you want me.

Calico: Get away from me you creep. Holy crap, what's wrong with your neck?

Chills: Oh, baby.. really, I just want to talk, you know, get closer...

Calico (louder): How many times do I have to kick your sorry ass...

Chills: Baby, why you wanna do me this way?

Here the conversation ends because a car came down the street and the combatants parted company. The calico to her yard and Chills, to parts unknown.

Sigh. We try again with him next week.

1 comment:

Lincoln Writer said...

That's a regular Peyton Place you've got going there!