Sunday, August 17, 2008

Last night I was chased by a rhinoceros...I blame the cake

My landlord doesn't quite get the idea of the whole TNR thing. I had a conversation with him yesterday and he demanded to know who owns the black cat that scampered off my porch when he came over. He's hard of hearing so had to stand in the yard yelling at him and explaining yet again how the cat's are owned bythe Cat House, they've been neutered and had shots. He walked off mumbling.

Later I went to the wedding of a coworker's son and had wedding cake. Really, really rich sweet wedding cake. It was delicious, but possibly more sugar than I'll eat for the rest of the year.

After that I went to sleep and dreamt I was face to face with an angry rhino, snorting and pawing the ground getting ready to charge.

I turned tail and ran like heck to a tree and hid behind it. The rhino stopped and we did this sort of running back and forth around the tree until I realized I couldn't do that forever.

At that point I sprung enormous clawes and scampered up the tree like a you know what. Then I sat in the tree looking down at the rhino, who then walked away mumbling

As I said. I blame the cake.

No comments: