Thursday, August 14, 2008

I moved the kittens

My son, John, has a cat named Butter. She's a beautiful white cat with a black mask over her face and a black tail. A few years ago, when John and I were roommates, he was getting ready to go out for Halloween. He'd purchased a devil costume consisting of some red furry horns on a headband, a pointy tail...stuff like that. There was this one small square piece of the red furry included in the package that had no apparent use for the costume, so it was left on the floor.

Suddenly we heard Butter yowling really, really loudly... like the distress cry she used if we accidentally closed the door with her outside.

But she was inside this night and carrying the furry red square thing around in her mouth as if performing some important task. This was quite perplexing to us as we watched her walking around carrying this thing in her mouth and yowling the distress cry as loud as she could, but kind of muffled because her mouth was full.

"Do you suppose she thinks she's moving her kitten?" John asked.

"Maybe, I replied, but why the loud yowling?"

"Because for Butter, this would be a great accomplishment...maybe? I don't know. She's a cat for crying out loud"

It became an inside joke whenever any of us accomplished a great task or solved a nagging problem we'd say, "I moved the kittens!"

The purpose of this rather longish story is to let everyone know I moved the kittens and think I've made it so that you can get Washington Cat Updates on your google home page. All of this is an accomplishment for me because I just haven't done anything like this before. I didn't even know what the RSS thingy I saw everywhere was.

So get your daily Washington Cat Update delivered straight to your homepage.

MEEEEOOOWWWWW!!!!!!

No comments: