Saturday, August 30, 2008

The new cats in town

Thanks to everyone, sisters, cousins, friends, coworkers... you know who you are, who have visited this blog and held my hand throughout this long strange mission among the ferals.

I seem to be in between cats at the moment, currently no one shows up for food, so I must assume they've moved on... at least for the moment.

But, when the going gets tough, the tough get blogging.

So I want to let everyone know about a new animal welfare group in town. They are Lincoln Animal Ambassadors and the group includes people from Lincoln and surrounding areas interested in the welfare of all animals... including, of course, cats.

I attended one of their initial meetings a few weeks ago because Dennis from the Cat House was giving a presentation for this group and I needed a crash course in Lincoln's feral cat situation.

I was impressed by this groups common sense approach and the deep commitment shown by all to help animals.

They're going to meet the first Sunday (I think that makes the next one Sept 7) of every month at the Gere Library at 56th & Normal at 2 pm.

You can get more info at their yahoo group if you go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lincolnanimalambassadors/

I intend to keep posting daily if at all possible, so check back when you can.

Thanks again and have a great weekend!

No comments: